Only a few days remain until WrestleMania 33 kicks off in Orlando, Florida. It’s a pretty massive event with 13 incredible matches booked, but even with nearly seven hours of wrestling, there of course isn’t enough time for everyone.
This year, a number of fairly popular superstars will not be seen anywhere on the card. Some of these are to be expected, but a few others are a bit more surprising considering how active the wrestlers have been on their respective shows in the past few months.
For instance, The New Day will not be seen wrestling at the show at all, although they will be hosting the event.
A handful of stars will not be at the show due to injury, including Rusev and Zack Ryder.
And still other stars have been relegated to the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, which is taking place during the kickoff show. Braun Strowman, who has had a massive role on Monday Night Raw recently and feuded with Roman Reigns for several months, will only be seen at this battle royal and not on the main card.
Here’s a look at everyone who is signed to the WWE but who you should not expect to see performing at WrestleMania:
- Big E – Big E and the rest of The New Day will be hosting WrestleMania, but he will not be performing in the ring.
- Darren Young – Young is currently inactive due to an elbow injury.
- Finn Bálor – Bálor has been gone from the WWE since August due to a legitimate injury. He was recently cleared for in-ring action, but he was not able to get a place on the card. However, it would not be surprising to see him make some sort of appearance at the show, possibly during or after the Triple H vs. Seth Rollins match.
- Kofi Kingston – Kingston will be hosting WrestleMania with Big E and Xavier Woods, but he won’t be wrestling.
- Mark Henry – Henry is not currently on the card, but he may appear as a surprise entrant in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. He has been helping to promote the show over the past week.
- Rusev – Rusev is currently inactive due to a shoulder injury.
- Samoa Joe – Samoa Joe is active but was not given a place on the card. However, based on his current storyline, he may become involved in some way in the Triple H vs. Seth Rollins match.
- Sin Cara – Sin Cara is active but was not given a place on the card this year.
- Titus O’Neil – Titus O’Neil is also active but was not given a place on the card.
- Xavier Woods – Woods will be hosting WrestleMania alongside Big E and Kofi Kingston. However, he is not expected to wrestle.
- Alicia Fox – Alicia Fox, who is currently in a storyline with Noam Dar, does not have a place on the card.
- Dana Brooke – There were reportedly big plans for Dana Brooke heading into WrestleMania, with it being discussed that she might have a match against Charlotte. However, this appears to have changed, as she is not currently on the card at all and Charlotte is instead facing Bayley, Sasha Banks and Nia Jax.
- Emma – Emma made her “return” a few weeks ago as Emmalina, a new character, only to immediately announce that she was abandoning the character. In the weeks since, it has been teased that Emma is returning soon as her old heel character, but this has not yet happened.
- Paige – Paige is currently inactive due to a neck injury. She would not be ready to return to the ring until May at the earliest, and there is some doubt that she is coming back at all.
- Summer Rae – Summer Rae is currently inactive due to a neck injury.
- Akira Tozawa – Akira Tozawa is not on the card; he was in contention to be the number one contender for the Cruiserweight Championship, but that opportunity ended up going to Austin Aries.
- Ariya Daivari – Daivari has no place on the WrestleMania card.
- Brian Kendrick – Brian Kendrick is also not going to be on the show, having lost the opportunity to challenge Neville for the Cruiserweight Championship.
- Cedric Alexander – Alexander is inactive due to a knee injury.
- Drew Gulak – Drew Gulak was not given a place on the WrestleMania card.
- Gran Metalik – Metalik, who made his 205 Live debut last month, is not on the WrestleMania card.
- Gurv Sihra – Gurv Sihra of The Bollywood Boyz will not be on the card.
- Harv Sihra – Harv Sihra, the other half of The Bollywood Boyz, also has no place on the card.
- HoHo Lun – HoHo Lun is signed to the WWE but has not yet debuted on 205 Live.
- Jack Gallagher – Jack Gallagher is another cruiserweight who is not officially on the card, though it has been speculated that he may enter the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
- Lince Dorado – Cruiserweight Lince Dorado did not make it onto the WrestleMania card.
- Mustafa Ali – Cruiserweight Mustafa Ali did not make it onto the WrestleMania card.
- Noam Dar – Noam Dar is not on the card, though it’s possible he could be a surprise entrant into the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
- Rich Swann – Rich Swann is not officially on the WrestleMania card, though again he could show up in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
- Tajiri – Tajiri, who returned to 205 Live last month following a knee injury, is not on the WrestleMania card.
- TJ Perkins – Cruiserweight TJ Perkins is not scheduled to be at WrestleMania.
- Tony Nese – Tony Nese is not on the card, having lost out on the opportunity to challenge Neville for the championship.
- Aiden English – Aiden English, one-half of the tag team the Vaudevillains, was not given a place on the card. In fact, there isn’t even expected to be a SmackDown Tag Team Championship match at the show, as The Usos, the current champions, are participating in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
- Erick Rowan – Erick Rowan of The Wyatt Family has been away due to injury. He has been cleared to compete, but he is not announced for the show at this time.
- James Ellsworth – James Ellsworth does not have an official role at WrestleMania. Since being signed to SmackDown Live a few months ago, he has mainly been treated as a joke character, lately serving as a heel and the boyfriend of Carmella. He may or may not be at ringside when Carmella fights in the Women’s Championship match, as he has been by her side in recent weeks.
- Jason Jordan – Jason Jordan, one-half of American Alpha, does not have a role in the show. However, his tag team partner, Chad Gable, will be in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
- Kalisto – Kalisto, who has not had a match since the Royal Rumble in January, is not scheduled to appear at WrestleMania.
- Kane – Kane is currently inactive due to injuries.
- Konnor – Konnor of The Ascension has no role in WrestleMania, with no SmackDown Tag Team Championship match being booked at this time.
- Luke Harper – Luke Harper is not officially on the card, though he may have some role in the match between Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton. He recently fought Bray Wyatt on SmackDown Live and lost.
- Shelton Benjamin – Shelton Benjamin is inactive due to a shoulder injury.
- Simon Gotch – Simon Gotch of The Vaudevillains is not currently scheduled to compete.
- Viktor – Viktor of The Ascension is not currently on the WrestleMania card.
- Zack Ryder – Zack Ryder is currently inactive due to a knee injury.
- Eva Marie – Eva Marie is still signed to the WWE, but she is currently inactive, and there are rumors that she will not return.