Man, what an excruciating wait it has been for the console release date announcement of Tekken 7.
Fans have had to get their fill of the game by playing it at arcades/fighting game competitions and watching every piece of available footage that’s out there. Once June 2 finally arrives, they’ll no longer have to step outside to get in on the action. Tekken 7 and all of its Fated Retribution updates will be ported over to home consoles – PS4, Xbox One and PC. This massive sequel will bring back series regulars, introduce new fighters with familiar movesets, include a surprising guest character and feature a full-fledged story mode to boot.
There’s so much information surrounding the 7th King of the Iron Fist Tournament. We’re here to make sure you know all about it.
1. This Entry’s Story Mode Focuses on the Conclusion of the Mishima Clan Saga
The Mishima Clan have been at each other’s throats ever since Heihachi threw his son Kazuya into a ditch. Both father and son have settled their differences during past iterations of the King of the Iron Fist Tournament. Kazuya’s son, Jin Kazama, eventually took the reigns of Heihachi’s Mishima Zaibatsu organization. Jin and Kazuya (who leads his own group, the G Corporation) have gone to war ever since. When Jin suddenly disappears, Heihachi steps into his leadership position and continues his ongoing beef with Kazuya.
Tekken 7 marks the end of the epic Mishima family saga. Heihachi’s wife and Kazuya’s mother Kazumi will also play a big part in how their final battle unfolds. Gamers will get to not only watch this dark plot unfold, they’ll also get to actively participate in it. Tekken 7’s Story Mode seamlessly integrates its high-octane cinematic sequences right into the playable fights. For instance, you’ll jump right into Akuma and Heihachi’s fated battle after watching them first encounter each other. You’ll have the option of choosing who you want to play as as you play out the events of the Story Mode’s most climatic skirmishes.
2. The Game’s Roster Includes Fan Favorites, All New Fighters and a Special Guest Character
Tekken 7’s roster is huge. Along with a host of returning characters, several fresh fighters will make their debut. A few of them even fill the role of fighters from past Tekken entries, such as Gigas who lifts some of his moves from MMA fighter Craig Marduk. Plus the formerly male Raven gets replaced by a feminine version who gets upgraded to the title of “Master.” Several of the game’s familiar roster members arrive with new moves and costumes that keep them fresh for this 7th series installment.
Refer to both lists posted below to see who you’ll be able to play as in Tekken 7:
– Akuma (Street Fighter)
– Katarina Alves
– Claudio Serafino
– Lucky Chloe
– Josie Rizal
– Master Raven
– Kazumi Mishima/Devil Kazumi
– Alisa Bosconovitch
– Asuka Kazama
– Bryan Fury
– Devil Jin
– Eddy Gordo
– Feng Wei
– Heihachi Mishima
– Jin Kazama
– Kazuya Mishima/Devil Kazuya
– Lars Alexandersson
– Lee Chaolan/Violet
– Ling Xiaoyu
– Marshall Law
– Miguel Caballero Rojo
– Nina Williams
– Paul Phoenix
– Sergei Dragunov
– Steve Fox
3. Tekken 7’s Newest Battle Mechanics are the Rage Mode, Rage Drive and Rage Arts
Rage is a common theme that’s present in Tekken 7. It perfectly describes the game’s plot and plays a part in the game’s newest mechanics. For instance, a character who’s near death taps into the power of an ability called “Rage Mode.” Once activated, that character will be covered in an intense red hue. You can then choose to pull off a “Rage Drive” attack, a single maneuver or combination of attacks that deals more damage and provides your fighter with a blue aura and invincibility.
Or you can instead pour all your rage into a powerful “Rage Art,” a super combo of sorts that’s different for every fighter. When both fighters look like they’re about to land their final blow, the game’s camera slows down and zooms in in order to accentuate the action unfolding onscreen. This new feature has already created hype moments for those watching it during live tournament streams.
We’re going to zero in on the top 5 best gaming chairs that are ready made for home console owners!
Click here to read more
4. The Game’s Season Pass Includes a New Mode, New Costumes and Two Guest Characters
The post-DLC plans that have been announced for the game sound very intriguing. Choosing to get the Season Pass means you’ll have access to each DLC pack as soon as it’s released. The 1st DLC package will arrive this Summer and bring with it an all new mode and over 50 new costumes for the roster. Then when the Winter arrives, an exclusive guest character will be added to the already massive roster. And finally, another guest combatant will appear around Spring 2018. The Season Pass’ bonus DLC features 35 extra metallic costume renditions for each character as well.
5. Tekken 7 Comes in a Standard, Digital Deluxe and Collector’s Edition
You can enter the 7th King of the Iron Fist Tournament by copping either the Standard, Digital Deluxe or extra special Collector’s Edition. Every piece of info about all three editions, the pre-order DLC character and what’s exclusive to each console version can be seen in the excerpt posted below:
– The Tekken 7 Collector’s Edition (available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One); collectors and hardcore Tekken fans will be pleased to learn that there will be a Tekken 7 Collector’s Edition containing a spectacular statue measuring approximately 12″ tall by 18″ wide that features a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special Steel Book, and the official Tekken 7 soundtrack.
– Tekken 7 Pre-order Bonus (available today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam) will feature DLC access to Eliza, the famed vampire character that made her Tekken debut in Tekken Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.
– A special Digital Xbox One Pre-order Pack (available on the Xbox Store beginning on January 31, 2017) will include DLC access to Eliza and a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.
– The Tekken 7 Digital Deluxe Edition (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam) will include Tekken 7 and the Season Pass.
– Lastly, the PlayStation 4 version of Tekken 7 will contain exclusive content: legacy costumes from Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for King, Xiaoyu and Jin as well as a Jukebox Mode where fans can listen to classic Tekken music tracks and even create playlists of Tekken music to listen to while they play.
Buy Tekken 7 here.
Buy the Collector’s Edition of Tekken 7 here.
Get super comfortable during intense gaming marathons with one of the picks on our gaming chairs list.
Click here to read more
Heavy, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided solely by our editors. We have no relationship with manufacturers.